Jiro Dreams Of Sushi
Posted March 9, 2012 by Dadditudes in Documentary
Seen This Movie? Rate It!
Quick StatsGenre: Documentary
Rotten Tomatoes Top Critics
- “The exquisite nigiri slices gleam with freshness, and you do learn about the component parts to the perfect serving of sea eel or gizzard shad.” – Trevor Johnston, Time Out
- “It’s torture to watch Jiro Dreams of Sushi — if you are on an empty stomach.” – Maggie Lee, Hollywood Reporter
- “By the time this graceful film is over you understand why Japan has declared the bald, bespectacled Jiro a national treasure. Even if you’ve never tasted sushi, the man’s singleness of purpose will inspire you.” – Colin Covert, Minneapolis Star Tribune
- “Gelb apparently understood that his subject was itself so taking that he wouldn’t need filmic embellishments to keep his viewers alert.” – Stanley Kauffmann, The New Republic
- “Obsessive, we were saying? Oh my, yes, and that’s what makes the film so compelling.” – Bill Goodykoontz, Arizona Republic
There are 27 reviews for this movie on RottenTomatoes.com – Click here to read them all.
Dadditudes User Reviews
Share this one with friends…