The Amazing Spider-Man
Click here to Login and add your rating.
StorylineThe Amazing Spider-Man is the story of Peter Parker (Garfield), an outcast high schooler who was abandoned by his parents as a boy, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Ben (Sheen) and Aunt May (Field). Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. As Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, he begins a quest to understand his parents' disappearance - leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr. Curt Connors (Ifans), his father's former partner. As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connors' alter-ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero. -- (C) Sony
- “This is a grittier webslinger saga, led by a Peter Parker with swagger and angst and a tone defined more by emotional resonance than wide-eyed wonder. It still has plenty of fizz.” – Chris Vognar, Dallas Morning News
- “This might be a fun summer blockbuster if only it even remotely needed to exist.” – Dana Stevens, Slate
- “The Amazing Spider-Man is considerably more fun-and, yes, even touching-than so premature a reboot had any right to be.” – Christopher Orr, The Atlantic
- “On the whole, it’s passable stuff, a surprise, given how mechanical the masked character seemed.” – Joshua Rothkopf, Time Out New York
- “If you’ve seen half a dozen superhero films, and the box office results suggest you have, then you’ve also seen what “The Amazing Spider-Man” has to offer.” – Laremy Legel, Film.com
There are 45 reviews for this movie on RottenTomatoes.com – Click here to read them all.